Dogs are among our best friends, and of course we want to have our faithful companions with us on vacation as well. We at Park-Camping Lindau also love dogs.
Dogs are welcome
You are welcome to spend your vacation together with your dog at Park-Camping Lindau. However, out of consideration for our other guests, we ask you to observe a few rules:
- Please keep your dog on a leash on the campsite grounds – as a safety measure, because among our guests are also families with small children. Some people are also afraid of dogs.
- So-called “fighting dogs” (list dogs) are not allowed at Park-Camping Lindau.
- Dogs are not allowed in the sanitary buildings for reasons of hygiene. Exception: In sanitary building 3 we have set up a dog shower especially for your four-legged friends.
Rules for dogs in and around Lake Constance
According to the ordinance of the district office, dogs are not allowed to swim in Lake Constance – not even “just with their paws”! You must also keep your four-legged friends on a leash in the beach area. The same rules apply as in the lidos.
Near Park-Camping Lindau there are some freely accessible shore areas where dogs are welcome, can really let off steam and get their money’s worth:
- Gerberschanze (small stone beach, highly frequented in summer)
- Toskanapark on Bregenzer Straße
- Uferpark Wäsen (wide stone beach)
- Giebelbach, near Eisenbahndamm
- Lindenhofpark (Schachen) outside the Lindenhofbad (highly frequented in summer)
Take the dog for a walk
Please take your dog for a walk only outside the grounds of Park-Camping Lindau. Sunbathing lawns, tent meadows, beach, slipway and the rest of the camping area are absolutely taboo for walking your dog.
Free poop bags are available at our reception.
Dogs are allowed on the Lindau city bus. Incompatible dogs and dogs over a certain size must wear a muzzle for safety.
Dogs travel free of charge with the following shipping lines:
- Bodensee-Schiffsbetriebe GmbH
- Schweizerische Schifffahrtsgesellschaft Untersee und Rhein AG
- Schweizerische Bodensee Schifffahrt
- Vorarlberg Lines
For more information for your vacation with dog, see the tourist page.